CBD Incense (Hemp Incense) is a Gimmick CBD Product, and Here’s Why
Throughout history, various forms of incense have been used in religious ceremonies, during meditation, and to mask unpleasant odors.1 Today, many people believe inhaling the fragrant smoke of specific plants is beneficial to their mind, body, and spirit.
If you enjoy burning incense or have read any of the many reports highlighting the benefits of aromatherapy, you may be tempted to explore the therapeutic potential of CBD by investing in CBD-infused incense. After all, many companies promoting these products claim the fragrance of hemp CBD has the same potential effects on your body as other CBD products.
While pleasant fragrances can enhance your mood, it’s important to know that CBD incense will not likely produce the type of results you are looking for.
What is CBD Incense?
Incense is crafted from the fragrant oils of tree resins, barks, seeds, roots, or flowers. The aromatic compounds release a fragrant plume of smoke as it burns. While there are many types of incense, one of the most recognizable are the “punk sticks” created by spreading a fragrant paste onto a small strip of bamboo.2 CBD incense is made by infusing incense sticks or cones with CBD oil.
The CBD Incense Claim
As the demand for hemp-derived CBD products continues to increase, retailers will naturally be looking to expand their inventory of available products. That’s how business works. Unfortunately, many companies are pushing gimmicky CBD products that offer little significant value. CBD incense is a prime example. Consider the following unproven claims made by numerous companies:
- Increased RelaxationWhile many people find the aroma of incense relaxing, the manufacturers of CBD-infused incense claim their products should create a more relaxing environment than other types of incense.
- Benefits from CBD’s EffectsCompanies selling these products claim burning CBD-infused incense will create a significant effect on the mind and body. Many of these companies claim customers will feel a noticeable impact as the smoke is released into the air.
- Reduced AnxietySome suppliers are taking claims of therapeutic effects a step further by specifying CBD incense can reduce the symptoms of anxiety. You may even see claims that CBD-infused incense will reduce your stress levels or leave you feeling rejuvenated after a rough day at work.
The Truth About CBD Incense
While knowing the truth about CBD incense may be disappointing to anyone wanting to believe these products work, it’s important to know the facts. CBD incense will not produce any noticeable effect on your body, enhance the relaxation potential of incense, or reduce the symptoms of anxiety. Here’s why:
- Lack of CBDMany retailers offering CBD incense do not bother to specify how much CBD their products contain. The few companies that specify the CBD content may be doing so to add an air of legitimacy to the product. Even when product descriptions focus on the pleasant aroma without making claims, many customers still assume the incense is beneficial because it contains CBD.
- No CBD BenefitsThe therapeutic potential of CBD is based on its interaction with the receptors of your Endocannabinoid System. To initiate a response, the cannabinoids must enter your body through your skin, mucous membranes, or digestive tract. Although CBD (cannabidiol) enters your bloodstream when smoking cannabis, the smoke from CBD incense dissipates into the air and will not be utilized by your body.
- Health ConcernsFilling your lungs with smoke from any source is not a particularly good idea. When incense burns, it fills the air with many of the same substances found in tobacco smoke. Although we are not saying using incense is as potentially harmful as directly inhaling smoke, the release of carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and particulate matter could have a significant impact on the health of your lungs.3
Our Rating: Gimmick
CBD incense is a gimmicky product unlikely to provide any significant value. Companies promoting the “benefits” of CBD incense are taking advantage of consumers by using CBD as a buzzword to grab attention and generate sales.
With a rapidly growing number of gimmicky products flooding the market, we feel compelled to identify products not utilizing CBD in a meaningful way. With our Gimmick-Free CBD, we’re calling out the gimmicks and offering customers legitimate alternatives.
Better Alternatives: 3 Gimmick-Free CBD Products
There is no point in purchasing a CBD product that is unlikely to provide any of the effects you may be looking for. For an alternative far superior to CBD-infused incense, consider one of the following products from CBDistillery™:
- #1 GG#4 CBD Vape PenIf you are looking for an enticing, aromatic CBD experience, consider trying our Disposable GG#4 CBD Vape Pen. The earthy, slightly piney aroma of GG#4 is the result of natural plant terpenes. Vaping GG#4 is far better than burning CBD incense because you get 2mg of CBD per puff, a consistent dose of CBD with a delightfully intriguing flavor.
- #2 Full Spectrum 250mg CBD TinctureOur 250mg Full Spectrum CBD Tincture combines CBD-rich hemp extract and MCT, a natural carrier oil than enhances product absorption. Full spectrum CBD contains all the plant terpenes, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals found naturally in the original plant. CBD tinctures are much more effective than CBD incense because each 1mL dropper contains 8mg of CBD. The effects can last 6-8 hours.
- #3 25 mg CBD CapsulesCBD capsules are a convenient way to get your daily dose of CBD. Capsules are often favored by CBD users who want to avoid counting drops or measuring tinctures. Our 25mg CBD Capsules provide 25 milligrams of full spectrum CBD in each 100% vegan capsule. CBD capsules are much better than CBD incense because you can use your CBD discreetly whenever you like, without the aroma of hemp lingering in the air.
Quality CBD Without the Gimmicks
Although incense is often used for aromatherapy, religious ceremonies, and meditation, infusing incense with CBD is not an effective way to experience its health and wellness potential. This gimmicky product is not capable of producing any significant effect unless your goal is to disburse the aroma of hemp throughout your home.
To protect yourself from marketing gimmicks, be sure to purchase products from a reputable company that provides access to third-party test results. You can use this documentation to verify the CBD content, THC content, and purity of the products you select.
Our hemp-derived CBD products are crafted from domestically cultivated hemp grown using natural farming methods. We rely on CO2 extraction and third-party test results to ensure the potency and purity of every product. Select your favorites from our assortment of CBD tinctures, capsules, vape pens, topicals, and CBD pet products.
- New World Encyclopedia. (2018 February 28) Incense.
- How Products are Made. (2019) Incense Stick.
- NHS. (2015 August 26) Is Incense More Dangerous the Tobacco Smoke?